Saturday, February 15, 2014
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Since it seems to be a thing, I thought I'd review the last year and mention my fabulous (and perhaps fanciful?) plans for 2014.
- Major results from my many experiments with resin, culminating in my current line of resin and sand pieces.
- Establishing some good variety in pieces for my production line, and getting a system in place for getting a number of pieces made at once.
- Have placed my work in the shop of The Craft and Folk Art Museum and Freehand Gallery.
- A total redesign of the website.
- The launch of my mailing list.
- Monthly pieces posted on the blog from January to September. Plenty of pieces made after that, but I completely failed to blog them properly!
In 2014, I look forward to:
- Placing my work into an additional location in January. (More on this soon!)
- Having a booth at a high end craft show or two.
- Building additional new relationships with stores, and maintaining the ones I currently have.
- Focusing more heavily on finishing some larger pieces, preferably in the first quarter of the year!
- Getting some fancy new photographs this month to better represent the collection.
- Maintaining a greater variety of pieces in my Etsy Shop.
- Sticking to blogging and getting back into good blogging habits!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
I've slammed out quite a bit of work this month! None of the pieces are big by themselves, but they're pretty formidable as a whole. I'm really looking forward to working on a couple of larger pieces, finally finishing up a few necklaces. I have, believe it or not, no less than four necklaces in progress, at varying stages of completeness. Soon, soon! (At least, that's what I keep telling myself!)
Monday, September 2, 2013
Just a few things from the batch:
I've had a lot of fun putting together these pieces, and I'm particularly excited to debut my new sand from Hawaii as well- I love the wonderful golden colors. I always find it really interesting how different sand from different locations can be.