Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Project...

I will admit I've backdated this post, right up front.  I've been super lazy as far as photography goes.  But fear not!  I've been productive in other ways!  (And considering the quality of my photos most days, I figure that it's probably energy better spent.)

So, June was full of more kumihimo.  (Sick of it yet?)  I've been working on a few other projects as well, but I'm keeping them under wraps for now.  Soon!


These cords are way more gorgeous than my photos manage to capture, because the colors are just these lovely subtle gradations on the lighter cords.  (As a note, all three of the fiber cords are made courtesy of some of my lovely family, who gifted me with some gorgeous silk-blend yarns for my birthday.)

In the lower right you can see my first stab at beaded kumihimo in a sand palette.  Not completely happy with it, but I'm working on it!  Soon I should have more of the kinks ironed out.

In other exciting news, I'm working on turning some of my kumihimo cords into a finished necklace, so I suspect you'll see some photos of that at the end of July!  (And, if I really knuckle down, maybe more than one piece!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Entries

Search This Blog